Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:40 am Post subject: Tiramisu Ice Cream Bombe(rec n pic)
300ml thickened cream
250ml dairy whipping cream
3 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream(Caramel)
3 tbsp of instant coffee powder mixed with 2 tbsp of hot water
80g icing sugar
Strawberry sauce(store bought or home made)
1. Add 2 types of cream, sugar and whip in a cake mixer till soft peaks.
2. Then add melted coffee, irish cream and continue to whip till it peaks.
3. Remove and pour contents into a Round bowl.
4. Store in the freezer overnight.
5. The next day, invert the bowl on a plate.
6. Soak a table cloth is hot water and place the cloth on top of the bowl.
7. Slightly tap the bowl to release the ice cream on the plate.
8. Drizzle strawberry sauce on top of the Bombe and sprinkle granola on the side.
How to serve
1. Best to do the assembly earlier and leave it in the freezer until its ready to serve to guests.
2. Cut it like a cake.
You can add chocolate chips, raisins, dried fruits or fresh fruits, candy, marshmellow or even bits of sponge cake to line up the bowl before pour the ice cream into it.
Or you can use a variation of ice cream for this. Like a kueh lapis cake. One layer of chocolate ice cream, one layer of strawberry ice cream, one layer of other ice cream.
This is a wonderful centrepiece dessert to serve at a sit down dinner at home with friends and family.
Best to use a bowl that is big and rounded.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1