Joined: 16 Mar 2007
|Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:37 am Post subject: Seafood Baked Rice
|Straight from the oven,
After scooping out,
15 prawns, de-shelf and sliced into two
2 slices Sole fillet, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 cup de-shelf white clams
1 cup champignon mushroom, prefer fresh ones, sliced
1 cup mixed vegetables
3 tbsps unsalted butter
1 can Campbell cream of celery (I usually make use of the Japanese Baked Rice Sauce but not available in Vancouver.)
2 sausages (hot dog), sliced [optional, my boy requested]
1 packet Mozzarella cheese
2 cups rice grains
1. Cook the rice in the rice cooker as usual and prepare all the other ingredient.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F.
3. When the rice is cooked, stir in the butter and mixed vegetables.
4. Scoop some of the rice mixture into the baking tray and add the other ingredients like mushroom, prawns, fish, clam etc and then add a layer of cream of celery and sprinkle some cheese.
5. Add another layer of rice, the ingredients and a layer of cream of celery and sprinkle some cheese.
6. Add the last layer if rice, the ingredients and a layer of cream of celery. And this time sprinkle the cheese to cover all the ingredients.
7. Put into the preheated oven and cooked for about 20 minutes or till the cheese is slightly golden brown.
8. Served straight with salad and cream of mushroom soup.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalms 119:105
My humble blog: