Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:08 pm Post subject: Lo-Sugar Apricot Brandy Cake(rec n pic)
|A cake for Adults because we loved Liquor and low sugar. The cake is very moist(wet) and smells delicious. Tastes even better on the 2nd day.
Yields a 750g loaf pan size cake
250g butter(I use SCS Salted butter)
150g fine sugar
150g organic dried Apricots
150ml Cointreau liquor(Orange liquor)
zest from 1 orange
250g plain flour
4 eggs, at room temperature
1. Sliced up apricots and soak in liquor overnight. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time till well mixed.
4. Add apricots and liquor to whip
5. Finally add flour, orange zest and stir till evenly mixed.
6. Pour into loaf pan and baked in preheated oven 180C for 40 to 45 mins. Test for doneness using a skewer stick.
7. Remove to cool. Best to serve the next day.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1