Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Mini Hamburger Buns(recipe and pic by Yangone)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dream
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it yesterday. This is the 1st time i baking bread thus do not know how the dough texture should be like. so how? Anyone here can help?

I used the breadmaker to make the dough. Took out the dough after the 'beep', that is 1.5 hours later. The dough was really sticky, I cant shape it at all. I had a hard time dividing the dough. Must we proof it further before i shape it? I thought shape 1st then proof it till double its size. Anyway, after dividing the dough and waited for another 30 mins, i put the dough in the preheated oven to speed up the process. When the dough double its size, i tried to touch it but it is still so sticky. bawling tears Coz i have to go out already, i just bake it for 15 mins and its all burnt. I'm so sad. The base of the bun stick to the baking paper too. I grease and line the tray but why all the buns sticked to it.

So unsuccessful in my 1st attempt. But my younger girl still had 2 chao ta bun ( i peel off all the burnt area). Very Happy How to improve the bread?
Meng
lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Sticky dough Reply with quote

I also encounter the same problem - sticky dough after the first proofing. Hope someone can advice. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: