Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:07 am Post subject: Sri Lankan Black Tea and Cherries cake
|Sorry..I created this recipe for the store. So no time for pictures. :(
But here's the recipe if you want to try. The recipe is also printed for free distribution.
For the Black Tea Powder, its bakeable..similar to Green Tea Powder. Sold at my store, of course.
350g Cake Flour
50g custard powder
2 tbsp Sri Lankan Black Tea Powder
1 cup of glaced cherries(diced)
100g fine sugar
4 eggs(or about 175g)
140ml corn oil
1. Mix all the flour, sugar, powder together.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour mix, water and eggs to whisk till evenly blended.
3. When there are no lumps, add corn oil, whisk till well mixed. Finally add diced cherries, stir to mix.
4. Pour into loaf pan or round cake pan
5. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 30 to 40 mins.
6. Cool cake on wire rack before removing.
Cake is super light, fluffy and soft.
I have added much much less sugar as the diced cherries are already sweetened.
If you don't add glaced cherries, you may need to increase the sugar up to 50g more.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1