Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 am Post subject: Making Chicken Stock for Cooking for Babies
|No pictures..just recipes I learnt from my mom and have been using it to feed my babies. Now my babies are 18 years old and 11 years old.
1 kg of chicken rib/spine, fat and skin removed
1.5 litre water
2 cloves of garlic, remove skin**
1. Heat up a pot of water(about 200ml)
2. Add chicken to cook for 5 mins only. Drain and discard the water.
3. Wash the chicken in tap water to remove any blood clots.
4. Heat up a big pot of water(1.5 litre)
5. Add semi cooked chicken, garlic to simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
6. Strain and discard chicken bones, meat.
7. Leave the soup to cool before storing
1. Pack soup in bags of 200ml.
2. Seal the bag, label it with Date of cooking, Contents(Chicken stock)
3. Soup can be frozen for 6 mths or longer. Due to storage space in the freezer, I tend to make enough to last 2 weeks. My mom would make to last 1 month.
Garlic is used to kill bacteria.
When we cook soup for adults or to make other chinese soup delicacies, we do not add garlic.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1