Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 am Post subject: Coffee Squares (rec n pic)
Recipe by Gina Choong
150g light brown sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
300g plain flour
80g Rice flour
100g chocolate rice
extra fine sugar for sprinkling
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla extract, coffee, flour and chocolate rice.
3. Continue to whip till the dough forms and leaves the side of the mixer bowl.
4. Divide the dough into 3 parts. Roll into a baking parchment paper and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat oven at 200C.
6. Roll out, cut into thins and place on the baking tray.
Before baking..all lined up..
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 mins.
8. Sprinkle sugar on top, cool on rack, keep in air tight containers.
Sugar sprinkling on top is purely optional. If you prefer it bitterly sweet, omit the sugar on top. If you prefer it sweeter, just sprinkle the sugar right after baking. While it is still warm.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1