Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am Post subject: Mango Prawn Roll(rec n pic)
|Something I learnt while doing food tasting/sampling some years back. The year I work for Tong Shui Cafe as their food consultant.
Makes 8 rolls
12 pcs of tiger prawn meat
1 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 sweet mangoes(diced, discard the skin and seed)
8 pcs of Vietnamese Net Spring Roll sheet
1. Chopped tiger prawn into smaller pieces.
2. add salt, pepper and mango to marinate for 5 mins.
3. Divide into 8 portions.
4. Put each portion on a sheet. Roll up to seal.
5. Deep fry for 5 mins till golden brown.
6. Drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot.
1. Make sure you drain the fried roll..as oil may stay inside the roll.
2. Since the mixture is wet, the roll sheet gets damp and tears easily.
3. Make sure you roll up 3 to 4 rounds to seal.
You can get the Vietnamese Net Spring Roll from my KC store. Off hand, I cannot remember the price. I also have the Vietnamese Spring Roll sheet(small and large sizes)
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1