Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:02 pm Post subject: Japanese Sweet Potato Cupcakes(rec n pic)
cross section..the inside is Bright orange in colour and tasted like eating sweet potatoes too.
Makes 12 cupcakes
250g butter(salted), soften in room temperature
80g fine sugar
50g Jupe Roasted Sweet Potato Concentrated paste*
2 large eggs(55g each)
50ml Evaporated milk
220g Cake Flour
Ingredients for topping mousse
150g cream cheese, soften in room temperature
1 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp Jupe Roasted Sweet Potato Concentrated paste
1. Whip butter and sugar till creamy and light.
2. Add eggs and milk and contine to whip till well combined
3. Add paste to mix.
4. Turn off mixer and add flour to fold in.
5. Pour into muffin tray till 80% full.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 mins.
7. Remove to cool before decorating.
Method for topping:
1. Whip cream cheese with balloon whisk till creamy
2. Add sugar and paste and continue to whip till well combined.
3. Leave in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until cupcake is cooled.
4. Pipe on top of cupcakes. Decorate with dragees or other types of sugar decorations.
Jupe pastes are sold only at Kitchen Capers store at Kallang Bahru. Its a concentrated paste that is manufactured/produced in Japan and imported.
I have reduced the sugar used in the cake recipe as the paste is already sweetened.
Note that the paste does not discolour the cream topping as the colour is natural, not food colouring added. So the cream appears white.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1