Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Pork Noodles(recipe n pic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Pork Noodles(recipe n pic) Reply with quote

I had to eat light meals for at least 2 weeks to 4 weeks, comprising of clear soup, green vegetables and meat like pork. Doctor's orders for me until my surgerical wound heals. bawling tears

I was also to take fresh fruits daily. So I had freshly squeezed Orange juice mixed with a tsp of Sour grapefruit juice. That's to compliment the lunch I had.

This is what I had yesterday for lunch (9 Nov 07)

Serves 1 person only
Ingredients
150g soft pork bones
750ml water
handful of green leafy vegetables( I used Kai lan)
10 strands of white noodles*
salt to taste
1 garlic

Method
1. Boil 250ml water in a large pot till boiling.
2. Add pork to blanch for 2 mins. Discard the water, retain the meat.
3. Heat up a deep casserole or claypot with remaining water and add garlic
4. Once it starts boiling, add pork again.
5. Cover to simmer over low heat for 2 hours.**
6. Blanch white noodles till soft, remove and soak in tap water till ready to use.
7. cut vegetables into smaller pieces, add straight into hot soup. Season with salt to taste.
8. Add noodles to boil for a while(about 2 to 5 mins) to absorb the flavour.

Serve immediately

Notes
White noodles
I used this brand. It looks a small bundle pack. But each bundle cooks for 2 persons. So this packet can serve 6 persons.
It has the taste of Mee Sua but firmer and won't break easily.

Cooking in a claypot
I raved about claypot cooking all the time. Because I love the earthy or smoky flavour it imparts to the food it cooks. I don't have a Thermal cooker pot. You can use that if you have it.

But when you are recovering from an illness, its best to eat food cook the slow way using pots made of clay or stone. Reduce the use of metal pots, if necessary. There is some truth in our grandmother's way of cooking for the sick at home. It is often seen that she only uses Claypots!!!

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
cutiepie
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this type of noodles can be use to make "cold noodles" not like the Jap type lah.. I have a fren who teach me to do it.

I would like to share with everyone in Kitchencapers.

Ingredient:
- Sesame oil (2 tbs)
- Lime (wan more sour then use more)
- Light soya sauce (2 - 3 tbs depend on individual taste bud)
- Ham
- Crab meat (those red type for sushi)
- cucumber (if can get japanese type will be best)

Steps:
- cut the ham into strips, same goes to the crab meat and cucumber (remove the skin)
- Boil the noodles in boiling water ( only put in the noodles when the water start to boil.)
- Stir continuously for abt 2mins. (check to see if the noddles are soft enough before U off the fire.
- Drain out the water. (if can have the tap running with cold water as u drain out the noodles from the hot water)
- Put the noodles into a large mixing bowl
- Add in soya sauce, sesame oil, lime, mix them evenly
- Now add in the ham, crab meat cucumber, do it individually, as u add one ingredient, stir it to make it even before u add the next ingredient.
- Put them in the fridge for at least 45 mins or till its cold before consuming. Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: