Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:47 pm Post subject: Baked Carrot Mantou (rec n pic)
|You can use any kind of pan for this. The mantou will take the form of any pan you used.
250ml freshly blended carrot juice*
500g Hong Kong Flour
100g castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp yeast
1. Place carrot juice into mixer bowl.
2. Follow by flour, sugar, then yeast and baking powder.
3. Fix a dough hook into the mixer and knead for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. When the dough forms and leaves the sides of the bowl without sticking, turn off the mixer.
5. Remove and knead the dough by hand on the floured table.
6. Flatten the dough into a rectangle shape.
7. Roll up and cut into blocks. Stuff it into a bake pan.
8. Set aside to proof for another 20 mins.
9. Steam over high heat for 10 mins.
10. Remove, and brush the top with egg wash or melted butter.
11. Bake in preheated oven 200C for 5 mins till top is golden brown and crispy
If you use Pokka Can Juice or Bottled Juice, reduce the sugar by 20g. As bottled juices tend to be sweetened.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1