Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 pm Post subject: Chocoholic Cupcakes (rec n pic)
|I tested a recipe and want to make taste like the famous Lana Chocolate Cake. This came close enough.
KC member who happened to shop KC store last week got a sampling of the cupcakes. And she loved it and she thinks its almost 90% close to the original. She ask me to post the recipe.
Here it is..the ones she ate was baked into a springfoam pan. I baked this again using a cupcake pan. Either way works.
110 butter, salted, soften in room temperature
150g light brown sugar
200g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder(dutch process)
250ml full cream milk
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
1. Scald milk over the stove and add cocoa powder in to stir till it turns creamy like a chocolate sauce. Leave aside to cool.
2. Whip butter, sugar till creamy.
3. Add eggs and continue to whip.
4. Turn mixer to low, slowly pour in the chocolate sauce and vanilla extract.
5. Continue to whip over low speed for 1 min.
6. Lastly, add flour to whip till evenly mixed.
7. Mixture should be creamy soft, silky looking.
8. Pour contents into cupcake trays or cake pans(any size, shape).
9. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 mins(cupcakes) and 30 mins for cakes.
This cupcake is not overly sweet. In fact, you can't really taste the sweetness as the cocoa powder is bitter and the salted butter mellowed down the overall sweetness.
Stores well without refridgeration for upto 5 days(make sure you keep it in a plastic container, sealed).
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total