Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:34 pm Post subject: Mushroom Braised Baked Chicken
6 pcs chicken thighs or drumsticks(bone in)
10 pcs fresh button mushrooms
1 large onion(sliced)
10 pcs cooked brussel sprouts(thawed from frozen pack)
1 small carrot, sliced
1 large red tomato(quartered)
3 tbsp Vegetarian Mushroom sauce(I used Woh Hup)
Salt to taste(omit if you find the stock too salty)
1 tbsp sesame oil
150ml mushroom stock*
150ml water boiled with stalks of preserved mushrooms
1. Boil mushroom stock till boiling. Add mushroom sauce, sesame oil, carrots, onions, brussel sprouts, button mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 15 mins.
2. Remove button mushrooms and brussel sprouts and set aside. Don't over cook.
3. Add chicken to stock and cook for another 20 mins over low heat
4. Remove chicken pieces and arrange on a baking dish or deep casserole.
5. Add rest of vegetables and tomatoes on it. Pour sauce over it.
6. Baked in preheated oven 200C for 15 mins or until skin is slightly crisp.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: Jurong West, Singapore
|Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:44 pm Post subject: Mushroom Braised Baked Chicken
I tried out this recipe today with some variations on using fresh shitake mushrooms and without brussel sprouts as I did not manage to get them in time. My family like it very much and the children like the gravy especially and mix them with white rice.