Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 am Post subject: Strawberry Crunchies(rec n pic)
|Trying to be healthy...well, for anyone who is allergic to eggs, or dairy or even gluten flour, this is a recipe to try. And you can mix and match with flavours too.
125g canola oil
50g fine sugar
180g Rice Flour
hint of red food colouring(I used liquid for intensity, you can use powdered colours)
50g Strawberry jam(any brand, type)
50g Cornflakes, crushed (sub this with oats or other type of cereal)
1. In a mixing bowl, stir in oil, sugar, colouring and jam together.
2. Add flour and cornflakes to stir till it forms into a dough.
3. Scoop out and place on baking pan
4. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 mins.
5. Remove to cool and store in air tight jars.
This cookie is EXTRA Crunchy due to the cornflakes. You can put dried fruits in place of it. Like Raisins, cranberries, blueberries, etc.
Rice flour cookies stores very well for long periods. And stays crunchy too.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1