Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 am Post subject: Cream of tomato Soup(rec n pic)
On Mother's day week..Benny bought me like 2kg of fresh red tomatoes. I joked with others at Facebook that while their spouses get them bling bling or roses or dinners outside... I got only tomatoes..thankfully not rotten.
So I use it to make tomato soup..creamy style. the taste was soury-sweet..the way Benny liked it.
Here's my tried and tested recipe..using a fusion of Asian style mixed with the western style.
10 semi ripe fresh red tomatoes (these are from Malaysia, not USA)
3 brown onions
600ml thickened cream
salt to taste
1. Heat up a deep casserole with water till boiling.
2. Add tomatoes (whole) into it.
3. Wait for the water to reboil again, Pic 2, 3.
4. At Pic 4, the water is bubbling boiling, remove the tomatoes and place in a bowl of cooled tap water.
5. Remove the skin of the tomatoes and leave the peeled tomatoes in the bowl of water.
6. The peeled skin can be discarded unless you have other plans for it. **
7. Notice the tomatoes still retain the patch where the stalk/stem bit..cut that off.
8. Chop up the onions and put into the casserole to boil.
9. At the time when its boiling, blend/puree the semi cooked tomatoes till liquid state. See pic 10.
10. Add the pureed tomatoes into the boiling pot to cook. Add cream and stir till it boils..Pic 12.
11. Add salt to taste..serve warm..
**what to do with the skins?
But sometimes if I have time, I would blend it up and use it to make tomato noodles..from scratch. I felt its such a waste to discard anything that is edible.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1