Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 am Post subject: Grilled Kaffir Lime Chicken(rec n pic)
|pan fry over the griddle pan..I got this pan from IKEA ages ago. think it was S$19.90. Still so good after so many years.
This is how Kaffir Lime leaves look like
2 pcs chicken thigh(bone in)
8 pcs of Kaffir Lime leaves
2 tbsp ginger oil*
half tsp fine sea salt
1 tbsp sambal paste** see recipe below
1 onion, chopped
1. Cut into the meat leaving the skin intact.
2. Chop leaves into shreds, add the rest of the ingredients together and rub into the chicken.
3. Leave it aside to marinate for at least 30 mins.
4. Heat up Griddle pan with a little ginger oil.
5. Pan fry on each side for 3 to 4 mins.
6. Put it into the oven to Grill for 10 mins or less or until it turns golden brown.
7. Serve on its own with rice on the side.
Ginger oil is home made. All you need is just to heat up cooking oil in a sauce pot, add 100g of shredded fresh ginger. Cook till the ginger shreds turns golden brown. Sieve and keep the shreds. The oil is now flavoured with a hint of gingery spiciness. Keep it in a bottle, best to label it to say what it is. Use for cooking or marinating meats.
Home Made Sambal Paste
Recipe by Gina Choong
A must have in the fridge. I often made a kilo or more to keep. Great for those instant meals you have to create to feed hungry mice, wolves and like-minded Emperor and his princesses at home!
100g dried chilli, soak in warm water to soften
15 pcs shallots(small red onions)
8 cloves of garlic
1 cm tumeric root
20g belachan(roasted, then pound into powder)
2 pcs serai(lemon grass stalks)
1 inch galangal(sometimes call the blue ginger)
50g dried shrimps
add after paste is cooked:
1. Blend everything into a smooth paste.
2. Heat up wok with 200g of cooking oil and add paste to cook for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Mixture will turn darker orange/red. Then add sugar to stir.
4. Turn off fire, leave to cool before storing into glass jars.
5. Keep in the fridge for upto 4 weeks.
For longer storage, keep inside plastic containers and into the freezer. Can keep for 1 year or longer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1