Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am Post subject: Salted Black Bean Fish (rec n pic)
500g fish fillet (Threadfin fillet)
Seasoning for fish
dash of Sesame oil
dash of ground white pepper
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp salted black beans(*rinsed in water to rid of excess salt)
1 chilli padi/bird's eye chilli, sliced and discard seeds
1 tsp sugar
drizzle of White wine(I use my home made, if not, just use Hua Tiao jiu)
1. Cut/slice fish fillet into smaller bite size pieces. Marinate with seasoning for 10 mins.
2. Heat up wok/pan to deep fry fish fillet for 5 to 7 mins. Don't overcook or the fish will get very hard/dry.
3. Drain and keep the oil, retaining only 1 tsp behind in the wok/pan.
4. Add black beans, chilli, sugar and water to cook over high heat for 3 mins.
5. Add Fried fish fillet to toss in the hot sauce.
6. Cover the wok/pan to cook for a further 3 mins.
7. The sauce will be absorbed into the fish, drizzle wine over it, turn off the heat and serve warm with plain rice or porridge.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1