Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:08 am Post subject: Coffee Pork Ribs(rec n pic)
|Coffee Pork Ribs
Recipe by Gina Choong
Ingredients for marinate
4 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1 egg white
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar(or lemon juice)
1 head garlic, minced
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
500g pork ribs (preferably with some fat)
2 tbsp oil
1. Mix hot water with coffee, sugar and cocoa powder and stir till all melts.
2. In a bowl, add all the marinate ingredients together to form a marinate sauce.
3. Marinate pork for at least 8 hours. Best to leave it aside in a zipbag for 1 to 2 days in the chiller. To infuse the flavours into the pork.
4. Heat up the wok with oil, add to deep fry. Dish out the pork, drain the excess oil.
5. Pour the marinate back to cook till it thickens into a sauce.
6. Add maple syrup to stir in and taste.
7. Drizzle over pork ribs and serve warm.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Joined: 08 Jul 2005
Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
|Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:49 pm Post subject:
How much maple syrup to add in? Is it a typo for the 2 tbsp oil?
Do you bring the pork out to room temperature before frying?
Correction may mould but encouragement will motivate