Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 am Post subject: Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake(rec n pic)
|We did this in class yesterday at my new studio. And I wanted to show everyone that you don't need a chiffon or tube pan to bake a chiffon cake. You can do it with cupcake liners..
100ml fresh milk
70g cream cheese
100g cake flour
4 egg yolks
6 egg white(means remove 2 yolks from 6 eggs)
80g fine sugar
1. Add butter, cheese and milk in a pot to cook till it thickens. Sieve this if there are lumps(cheese). Press it through the sieve to break down the lumps.
2. Set aside to cool completely.
3. In a separate bowl, add eggs to whisk lightly, add flour to mix.
4. Pour in cheese mixture and stir till evenly mixed.
5. In a cake mixer bowl add egg whites to whisk till foamy. Then add sugar. Continue to whisk till it peaks.
6. Fold in egg whites with cream cheese mixture till well combined.
7. Pour into cupcake liners till almost full. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 10 to 15 mins.
Serve when its cooled. You do not need to invert it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1