Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 am Post subject: Black Pepper Beef Hor Fun(rec n pic)
Something different for a change as hubby celebrates his birthday last week. He wanted something different than just mee sua with an egg.
So I cooked this for him. I use Short Ribs (Beef) for this.
Ingredients for beef and marinate for 3 to 4 hours
500g Short Rib Beef(sliced thinly)
1 white onion, sliced
40ml worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp coarse sugar grains
1 egg white
1 litre beef stock
3 tbsp cornstarch mix with 2 tbsp water to be use as thickener
Blanch and drain the following :
300g bean sprouts
300g chye sim
Ingredients to fry noodles
1kg hor fun(flat noodles)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat up wok and add oil, to saute the garlic minced.
2. Add noodles to fry and add dark soya sauce to stir fry over high heat for 5 to 8 mins. Till the noodles are coated with the sauce and turns from white to dark coloured.
3. Dish out and serve in a casserole, set aside.
4. Wash and clean wok and heat up again.
5. Add butter to wok to heat, melt. Add beef and marinates to stir fry over high heat for 3 mins. Dish out beef and continue to cook the sauce. Add beef stock into it to boil.
6. Add thickener to thicken it. Once it thickens, turn off heat.
Serve generous portions of noodles on a plate.
Add beansprouts, chye sim on the side.
Add a couple of slices of beef on top.
Pour piping hot sauce over it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1