Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:56 am Post subject: Tom Yam Lamb Curry (rec n pic)
|Something different for a change. not chicken or seafood. But I also wanted to make it into rendang-like curry rather than clear soup so I added yogurt to make the curry.
It was delicious, so hubby ask me to try using bigger chunks of meat to cook, the next time.
4 pcs Lamb Shoulder chop
2 tbsp plain yogurt
juice from half a lemon
20g galangal (blue ginger)
3 small onions(shallots)
3 green chilli padi
4 pcs Red chilli
2 pcs of lemon grass
30ml olive oil
a few Kaffir lime leaves
salt to taste
200g plain yogurt
1. Marinate lamb chops with juice and yogurt. Set aside for an hour.
2. Blend rempah into paste.
3. Heat up pan, fry paste till fragrant. Add lamb chops
4. Cook over medium heat for 15 mins, turning over every now and then.
I used a pair of kitchen scissors to cut into smaller bite sizes during the cooking process so it cooks faster. You can serve whole if you like.
5. Add the remaining yogurt, kaffir lime leaves and leave it to simmer for at least an hour.
6. Add salt to taste
7. Serve with warm rice or Naan.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1