Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 am Post subject: Almond Crumbles Cupcakes (rec n pic)
|This was created on the fly during exam for my students at PPIS Bukit Batok on 22 November. The basic purpose was just to show them that sometimes being creative doesn't mean you need to plate your dish with props and flowers..you can add other ingredients on top of plain jane cupcakes to make it look good and yummy.
Makes 12 Cupcakes
150g butter (salted)
140g fine sugar
230g self raising flour
100g dried cranberries
150ml plain yogurt
Ingredients for crumbles
100g almond flakes
50g brown sugar
Method for Crumbles
1. Lightly toss flakes in a frying pan till its roasted and fragrant.
2. Remove to cool before mixing with the brown sugar.
3. Ready to be use with the cupcakes.
1. Add yogurt to dried cranberries to soak for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add butter in a non stick sauce pot to heat over low flame till it melts.
3. Remove from the stove and add sugar, egg to whisk till well combined.
hen add egg.
4. Add flour to fold in. It should look a little lumpy. Add cranberries and yogurt to mix.
5. Pour into cupcake liners till 80% full.
6. Top with 1 to 2 tea spoons of crumbles mix.
7. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins or until the top is nice and golden brown.
8. Serve immediately while its still warmed. Delicious with weak tea or coffee with just sugar(no milk).
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1