Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 am Post subject: Pumpkin Porridge(rec n pic)
250g calrose rice(short grain rice)
1 litre chicken stock
2 litre water
1 pumpkin(about 200g)
salt to taste
1. Wash, peel and de-seed pumpkin. Cut into smaller chunks
2. Wash rice and soak in hot water and 2 tbsp of corn oil for 1 hour. Drain.
3. Heat up pot and chicken stock to boil.
4. Add rice to cook, adding water when it is dry..
5. Cook/simmer over medium heat for 30 mins(check on water levels as rice will soak up all the water and burn the pot)
6. Add pumpkin chunks in and cook for a further 15 mins.
7. Add salt to taste, serve warmed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1