Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am Post subject: Cereal Prawns(rec n pic)
|I cooked this for Reunion eve dinner this year 2012 with my in laws..
1 kg fresh grey prawns
1 cup of curry leaves(discard stalks/stems)
60 g butter(salted)
1 tbsp coarse sugar
1 cup cereal(you can use baby oats for this)
1. Add melted butter in a small bowl.
2. add cereal to it and coat evenly.
3. then add prawns into it.
4. add sugar to mix
5. In a wok filled with oil, deep fry curry leaves till crispy(about 30 secs).
6. Strain and placed on plate.
7. Add prawns, buttered cereal to deep fry
8. Deep fry for 5 mins.
9. Remove prawns and arrange on curry leaves.
10. Scoop/strained butter cereal on top of prawns.
Serve hot..smells great..yummy!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1