Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:09 am Post subject: Breaded Fish Fillet with Sauce(rec n pic)
|One of the dishes created for Reunion Eve Dinner 2012 at my new studio. I have kept some leftovers the next day, when reheated the sauce was absorbed into the 'crusty bread'..surprisingly, it was still very delicious. I am going to try this again..But for now..enjoy!
The leftovers on the 2nd day..the sauce was absorbed into the thick crust. It tastes very different from day one. See pic above. But it was delicious!
3 pcs of Dory Fillet
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten lightly
100g bread crumbs(Japanese type)
Juice for 3 oranges
200ml fresh pineapple juice(I have leftover juice from pineapple jam)
1 tbsp corn starch mixed with 1.5 tbsp water
1. Cut the dory fillet into thick chunks.
2. Marinate with salt and egg
3. Coat with bread crumbs generously on both sides.
4. Deep fry in hot oil for 5 mins till golden brown
5. Drain on kitchen paper towels..then put it on a bed of lettuce.
6. Drain the wok and add the juices into to boil.
7. Once its boiling, add cornstarch mixture and stir till the sauce thickens.
8. Pour the sauce over the fish fillet to coat it.
To reheat, I just microwave it for 3 to 5 mins.
Don't steam it or water vapour will collect on the crust and make it soggy.
You can try to 'toast' it a bit for about 5 to 8 mins..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1