Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm Post subject: Golden Ingots(rec n pic)
|I taught this in a private cooking class recently..decided to show everything the step by step pictures for it.
Wonderful dish/snack/appetizer to make for home parties. To reheat, just pop it into oven and roast for 5 mins on 200C. Don't deep fry again or it will turn dark brown and burnt.
Ingredients for fillings
150g minced pork
10 pcs tiger prawn meat(diced)
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1.5 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
12 pcs of wanton skin
egg wash(beat 1 egg)
1. Mix all the filling ingredients together and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Add 1 tsp of filling in the centre of the wanton skin
3. Brush egg wash on the side, fold over to seal.
4. brush egg wash again at each end of the filled wanton. Pull up to stick together..
5. Heat up wok with oil and slowly put the balls into it. Deep fry till golden brown.
6. Remove from oil to drain on paper towels.
7. Serve immediately with chilli sauce, mayo or salad cream
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1