Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm Post subject: East & West Rice(rec n pic)
|I have no idea what to call this. And decided to call it East West Rice because I use a bit of western 'ingredients' of cook this dish.
these days I am so busy with work and home, so I have to do 1 dish meals.
2 cups of jasmine rice(washed, drained)
200g chicken fillet, cut into chunks
200g white clams
1 brown onion, chopped
2 gloves of garlic, chopped
2 salted egg yolks
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
Chicken stock(enough to cook the rice)
1. Heat up wok with 1 tbsp of cooking oil, add onion and garlic to stir fry.
2. Add chicken and white clams and fry for 5 mins.
3. Add rice, then seasonings and fry over high heat till evenly mixed.
4. Turn off the fire and add the rice and stuff into the rice cooker.
5. Add enough chicken stock to cook the rice in the rice cooker.
6. Add the yolks on top.
7. Turn on the rice cooker and set it to cook.
8. Once done, fluff up the rice and serve warm.
I cook the rice in a clay pot over the stove. For the chicken stock, I add 3 cups of stock. Cover and cook for 10 mins, open the cover slightly and continue to cook for a further 5 mins. Turn off the fire and leave it covered for another 5 mins.
Then fluff up the rice.
Clay pot cooking retains the natural smoky flavor from the pot. It takes a bit more time as you need to watch the fire.
For the extra crunch I added corn flakes and oats on the side. It was a unique way to have rice with oats..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1