Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:47 am Post subject: Kiwi Yogurt Frozen Dessert(rec n pic)
|Its not really ice cream, more like yogurt with real fruits. You can freeze it or leave it in the chiller. Should you leave it in the chiller, try to consume within 2 days.
If you freeze it, it can last for a good 5 days.
I made this because I wanted to try something outside whipping cream..and go a little more healthy. Its refreshing for a change..
And best of all, its served in a kiwi cup* which is the skin/shell of the kiwi fruit..!
2 kiwi fruits(green type)
150g low fat plain yogurt
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. lightly wash and clean the fruit.
2. Slice into half, using a spoon to scoop out the green fruit.
3. Put the scooped kiwi in a measuring cup
4. Put the empty 'shells' in an egg tray to stand it.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients into the cup and blend/puree it.
6. Pour the pureed kiwi into the empty shells
7. Freeze for a good 2 hours, and serve with more sliced kiwi fruit.
Its really nice..and I ate all..! I didn't leave any for my hubby!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1