Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:07 am Post subject: Avocado Banana Frozen Dessert(rec n pic)
|Another frozen dessert. I really liked that Yami Yogurt in Singapore. But now after I made this, I realised many theirs are made with some kind of yogurt powder ..! :(
This I made, was all natural, all fresh, no colouring, no additives or preservatives. Best to consume within a day or 2. And if you can, just make this for the day's consumption. Don't make like a few kilo to freeze unless its for a party in a day..
As bananas and avocado oxidises really fast and may go bad if store too long.
I sprinkled some cocoa nibs on top...to add to the crunch..
1 avocado fruit (ripe)
2 pcs of banana
150g low fat yogurt (plain)
2 tbsp gula melaka(palm sugar/syrup)
1. Slice the avocado into half, remove the seed and scoop out the 'flesh'.
2. Put it in a measuring cup, add the bananas, yogurt and syrup
3. Puree it with a hand held blender till blended (I used my trusty Bamix)
4. Pour into dessert cups and freeze for 2 hours.
5. Serve with some cocoa nibs on top..this is optional.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1