Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm Post subject: Sweet Corn Ice Cream (rec n pic)
|This is the kind of desserts I grew up on..Sweet Corn Ice cream...sold by the uncle who put his ice box on his bicycle and rides into our neighbourhood. A scoop on a cone costs 10 cents back then. If you bring your own cup, its only 5 cents.
Now I make this once in a while..truly as taste of time..
300g Frozen sweet corn kernels
150g Creamy sweet corn(canned or packet)
300g thickened cream(or Dairy Whipping Cream)
100g icing sugar
1. Blanch frozen corn in hot water and drain. Add butter to mix with it.
2. Add cream and icing sugar to whip at high speed for 3 mins. When its creamier, then add in the sweet corn kernels and cream corn
3. Whip for another 2 mins and medium speed till evenly mixed.
4. Remove and pour into a container and cover..freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
5. Serve with more sweet corn kernels on the side..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1