Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am Post subject: Wasabi Prawns (rec n pic)
|This dish mimicks the ones served in Tung Lok Restaurants in Singapore..made popular by Chef Sam Leong.
I decided to try to make this but didn't do a thick batter for it. Just briefly coated the prawns with corn flour and fry it.
The wasabi sauce was the highlight of this dish. It was made separately and drizzle over the top.
I think you can google for Sam Leong's Wasabi Prawns on youtube.
But this is the way I did for mine..yums..Benny said the only problem is the wasabi is not strong enough. For me, I find it too strong so I didn't add alot of wasabi powder. I made a separate sauce just for him as he likes it 'hot'..
here's the recipe for the Wasabi Sauce
20 pcs of fresh tiger prawns
1 tbsp corn flour
oil for frying
1. Remove all the shells of the prawns.
2. Add corn flour to briefly coat it
3. Heat up a wok with cooking oil till hot.
4. Add prawns to fry for a good 1 minute
5. Drain and serve on a plate
6. Drizzle wasabi sauce over it..serve immediately.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1