Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:06 am Post subject: Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly (rec n pic)
100g chrysanthemum flowers
1 litre of water
1.5 tbsp konnyaku jelly powder
150g fine sugar
1. Heat up pot with water and sugar till sugar melts.
2. Add flowers to brew for 5 mins. Turn off the fire and leave it to stand for another 10 mins.
3. Carefully drained the flowers and soak in iced water.
4. Reserve 500ml of chrysanthemum drink and pour into another sauce pot.
5. Sprinkle jelly powder on top, turn on fire and use a whisk to whisk it it dissolves
6. Stir till the liquid slowly thickens.
7. Place one flower in the jelly mould and slowly pour the jelly liquid into it.
8. Leave it in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
9. Chill the remaining chrysanthemum drink till very cold, add honey to stir till dissolve
10. To serve, unmould jelly into a bowl filled with honeyed chrysanthemum water.
11. Serve cold after a nice meal.
The flower in the jelly is just for decoration. It shouldn
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1