Joined: 14 Jan 2010
|Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm Post subject: Oreos Cookies and Cream Lapis Cake
450 gm butter
150 gm castor sugar
1 tsp ovalette
10 large eggs
120 gm kaya
1 can (390 gm) condensed milk
100 g Horlicks
280 gm Hong Kong flour
15 gm Hersheys cocoa powder
1 tsp chocolate emulco
170 gm Oreo cookies (remove cream)- break into little pieces
3 bars Hersheys Cookies & Cream - break into small pieces
1) Beat butter, sugar and ovalette on high speed for approx 7-8 mins.
2) Add eggs, one at a time and mix well for approx 4-5 mins.
3) Lower down the mixer's speed, add in Kaya, Horlicks and condensed milk. Mix well.
4) Lower down mixer's speed, add HK flour. Mix well for approx 1-2 mins only, do not over mix.
5) Divide mixture into two:
i) 1 portion to add cocoa powder and emulco
ii) 1 portion remains plain
6) Take 2 spoonful of plain, place onto greased 8X8 pan, bake using top and bottom heat @ 180deg - 200deg till brown.
7) 2nd layer, add two spoonful of chocolate batter, sprinkle Hersheys' cookies and cream on its top, bake till light brown. Bake using grill mode for second layer onwards.
8 ) Next add 2 spoonful of plain, sprinkle Oreo on its top, bake till light brown. Repeat steps alternating plain and chocolate till done.