Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 am Post subject: Tonpo Ruo(recipe n pic)
|Tonpo Ruo(Pork), tried a different recipe
1 kg pork belly
100g spring onions
1 pc Cinnamon stick
2 pcs star aniseeds
5 pcs cloves
500ml light soya sauce
500ml Bai Mi Jiu*
100ml Red Rice Wine*
100g Rock Honey Sugar chunks
1. Wash, clean the pork belly. Blanched in hot water for a good 5 mins, drain away and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pot(or deep casserole), add spring onions to the base of the pot. Followed by rock sugar..then the big slab of pork.
3. Scatter the herbs on the side of the pork.
4. Mix all the liquid together and pour all over the pork.
5. Put it to boil till bubbly hot..then lower the heat to slowly stewed for at least 3 hours.
6. To serve, remove the meat (whole) with a large slotted spatula.
7. On a large plate, place spring onions on it..then the pork.
8. Drizzle more of the sauce over it..and serve the sauce on the side.
For the eggs
Just cooked till hard boiled and add to the stew to cook for 1 hour.
Serve on the side.
Never throw it away. As it can be again to cook.
The sauce is 'thin' almost like a soup. And can be also eaten with noodles.
About the wine
I used my home made Rice Wine. If not, use a good bottle of White Wine to replace it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1