Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 am Post subject: Latte Macchiato Souffle Cheese Cake
|Another impromptu recipe done on-the-fly. I was stuck in the studio due to the heavy rain. So I decided to bake this cake. It took 1 hour to bake, 30 minutes to cool and that was how long I was stuck in the studio ..in the end, I waited till we closed shop and went home with Benny .. :(
and when I finish baking it, then I realised I miscalculated the ingredients..thankfully it came out pretty..and tasted really good. A regular customer visited me and I gave her a slice and she asked me for the recipe. I shared with her what I did..here's the recipe for you to try
Yields a 8 inch Round cake
200ml fresh milk
150g cream cheese
200g Plain flour
20g Latte Macchiato Flavour*
*substituted this with a good coffee extract*
6 eggs (cold from the fridge)
140g fine sugar
1. Add butter, cheese and milk in a pot to cook till it thickens. Sieve this if there are lumps(cheese). Press it through the sieve to break down the lumps.
2. Set aside to cool completely. Add latte flavour and flour to stir and mix evenly till there are no lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, add cold eggs and sugar to whip till it triples in volume.
4. Pour in cheese mix and continue to whip till its evenly mixed.
5. Pour contents into a springform pan that is wrapped with a tin foil on the base.
6. Put the springform pan on a tray filled with warm water. This is known as the "bain marie" method of baking.
7. Baked in preheated oven 170C for 1 hour.
8. Remove to cool completely before icing the cake.
Vanilla Fresh Cream
Recipe by Gina Choong
300g Thickened Cream
20g icing sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Paste(Nielsen-Massay's)
1. Pour into a mixer and whip till it peaks.
2. Chill for at least an hour before frosting on the cake.
This is fresh cream, so best to consume within 3 days. If there are left overs, just add that to Coffee brewed that has no sugar or cream..this Fresh Cream will sweetened your coffee to a whole new level..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1