Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm Post subject: Tom Yam Cookies(rec n pic)
|well, I shared the recipe online via my blog. But decided to share it here again, as this time I modified the recipe slightly. I forgot to buy assam paste to make the juice. In turn, I bought fresh lime and used that instead.
Recipe By Gina Choong
100g fine sugar
200g Cake flour
100g corn flour
3 tbsp tomyam paste
6 pcs Kaffir Lime Leaves, shred
1. Heat butter over the stove till melted.
2. Mix with sugar, tom yam paste and shredded leaves.
3. Next add flour, mix to combined.
4. Scoop out portions using a cookie scoop. Baked in preheated oven at 170C for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely before storing.
Tom Yam Paste
15 large chilli
10 chilli padi
5 cloves of garlic
1 stalk of lemon grass
5 petals from the Torch ginger plant (sometimes called the rojak flower)
1 inch of galangal (blue ginger)
juice for 2 limes (see photo)
2 tbsp salt
5 tbsp sugar
6 pcs of kaffir lime leaves(cut into shreds)
1. Blend all the ingredients A except ingredients B till smooth
2. Heat up the wok with corn oil and add puree paste.
3. Fry over low heat, stirring occasionally till its fragrant (about 15 mins)
4. Add salt, sugar, juice and continue to cook for another 10 mins.
5. Finally add kaffir lime leaves and turn off the fire. Stir to mix evenly.
This is the Kaffir Lime plant. The lime is that big speckled green fruit.
If not, just use 2 big green lime to get the juice.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1