Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm Post subject: Mandarin Orange Roast Pork(rec n pic)
|A specially created dish for my mom this year for CNY 2013. My mom loves to eat pork. And for as long as I can cook for her, each year, I will create a new way to roast pork for her. And she is very proud of me this year..
You need to use the Mandarin Orange marmalade (jam) to create this dish. Please check the http://forum.kitchencapers.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10676 for it.
2 kg pork belly(with skin on), bound with string
100g Mandarin Orange marmalade
2 pcs of Cinnamon stick/bark
2 pcs Star Aniseeds
120g Chinese Rice Wine or Hua Tiao Jiu
This is the same with the one above. Only that I used a larger slab of pork. Just want to show you the photos.
1. Stir in water, jam, spices into a bowl till well mixed.
2. Pour into a sauce pot to heat
3. Once it starts to have a rapid boil, turn off the heat.
4. Pour wine into the sauce and stir to mix.
5. Place pork belly into an oven proof container. Pour hot sauce over it.
6. Cover it with foil paper and store in the chiller to soak for 72 hours.
7. Preheat oven at 200C and slow bake in the oven for at least 4 hours.
8. Leave the foil paper on the for the first 2 hours. Then remove.
9. Roast at 220C for 30 mins , turning it to give it an even roast.
10. Drizzle leftover sauce over the sliced meat..Enjoy!
Cool before slicing.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1