Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:30 pm Post subject: Super Chocolate Cupcakes(rec n pic)
|Baked this morning for a birthday party with family. This is so good..almost like the famous Lana's chocolate fudge cake we always order for birthdays ..
8 egg yolks
200ml fresh milk
140g cocoa powder(dutch processed)
2 tbsp Kahlua *
8 egg whites(separated from the egg yolks)
160g fine sugar
1. Scald milk over the fire and add cocoa powder to stir in till melted, making sure there are no lumps.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk egg yolks lightly and add into chocolate sauce, whisk to mix evenly.
4. Add egg whites into a mixer bowl and whisk till frothy, then add sugar and continue to whip till it yields a stiff peak.
5. Pour in chocolate batter and continue to whisk at high speed till its mixed.
6. Lastly add kahlua liquer.
7. Pour into cupcake liners and baked in preheated oven 200C for 15 mins.
8. Remove to cool completely before frosting.
Nutella Cream Frosting
Recipe By Gina Choong
200g dairy whipping cream
3 tbsp Nutella spread
1. Add the ingredients into mixer bowl and whisk till it peaks
2. Chill for a good 1 hour before frosting onto the cupcake
Serve cupcakes CHILLED!!! Super Yums!
Replace Kahlua with vanilla paste/extract/essence if you cannot take liquer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1