Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Five minute bread by jeff and zoe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Five minute bread by jeff and zoe Reply with quote

Hi Gina n everybody! Long time no "drop in"! Thank you Gina for keeping this forum open for ppl like me. I want to share this breadmaking method with you all. It is not really five minute bread but the method is time saving. The master recipe (basic) has very basic ingredients (water, all purpose flour, salt and yeast). Just mix these together, keep at room temperature for 2 hrs then store in the chiller. Shelf life is 2 weeks. So within this 2weeks, you can take out some dough out, mould into free form rounds and rest briefly (20mins) then bake in preheated oven. With the master recipe, can make other type of breads. Visit this site if interested, http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com . Happy baking!

Last edited by linajupit on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Here are the pictures of the breads I made Reply with quote

linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, again! Just to tell that i just bake and ate 3 pork buns for dinner. Just want to try out the dough (made 5 days ago) whether can made into savoury buns. Sorry no photos cos i forgot to take. The result? Just as good as the bakery! That's why i ate 3 out of 6 buns for dinner! yummy
Cindi
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linajupit,

Your bread looks nice. Must start bread making again. yummy

It is very quiet here nowadays. so how?
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Cindi, I agreed with you. Myself too, been very busy with family life since I retired about 4 yrs ago. Time flies! Have you seen d site? It's an amazing recipe! No kneading bread dough. Save alot of time, too. Actually, I'm now in York, uk since october n will be here till march next year. It was during a trip to York city that I came across this book, "five minute bread". To save money, I made bread with this method. Since then I seldom buy bread. If you like bread, then you should give a try. It's more healthy n cheaper to eat homemade bread.God bless! yummy
Cindi
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linajupit,

I went to the website 3 times but have not start anything yet. I have Alex Goh recipe book on bread too, have not really give a try. I am still working and recuperating from a minor heart surgery.

Definitiely will try this recipe first. Very Happy
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindi, am glad that your operation went smoothly. Do take rest so that you can recover better. If you have any question to ask about the breadmaking (not that I am expert Very Happy ) do feel free to ask. God bless. island
Cindi
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linajupit,
Thank you being so kind to share your expertise. Have not been baking for more than 9 months. so how?

I am quite ok now and had gone back to work.

Now we are looking forward to CNY. What to bake and cook? Have not cracked my head yet. cheers
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindi, ya. It's cny soon. I'll miss d firecrackers in kuching. It is banned to play firecrakers/works but who cares! Even b4 midnight, ppl start firing! My house is in very position. Can see all directions, near n far. By the way, you can make naan with this recipe n it is very simple. Also, make good bread pudding. Have fun! yummy
Cindi
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linajupit,

Ha..ha... no need to cook much at CNY.... decided to have steam boat at CNY eve then go to Langkawi the next day with my family. First time travelling during new year.

Oh.. you are staying in Kuching.. I am a Penang person.. Looking forward to drive through the 2nd bridge.

Will come back to you for the nice when I make naan - my family's favorite. To eat with salsa and with a glass of lassi...mmm... nice

Wishing you a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS CHINESE NEW YEAR WITH MANY RETURNS
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Soft american style white bread Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! It's been more than 2 months since my last post. Has anyone tried the recipe? Here is another bread recipe by the same authors using the same approach and bake in loaf tin. This recipe makes three 675g/11/2 lb loaves. I made 1/3 recipe each time cos i don't want to bother with weighing d dough. Ingredients needed:-
750 ml / 1 1/4 pints lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
1 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt or less if use fine salt
2 tablespoons sugar
115 g / 4 oz unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for brushing the top crust
980g / 1 lb 3 oz unbleached plain flour ( at least 9.4% protein content)
A 5 - litre container to store the dough.

1. Mix yeast, salt, sugar, butter and water in the container.
2. Add in flour and mix without kneading.
3. Cover loosely and let it rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
4. Chill in fridge and use within 7 days.
5. On baking day: lightly grease a 23 x 10 x 7.5cm or 9 x 4 x 3 in loaf tin.
6. Dust the surface of chilled dough with flour and cut off a 675g piece. Dust the dough with more flour and shape it into a ball then elongate into an oval.
7. Drop the dough into the tin. Let it rest for 1 hour and 40 mins.
8. Preheat oven to 180 deg.C . Dust the loaf with flour and slash the top, using the tip of sharp knife. Brush the top with melted butter before baking for 45 mins or till golden brown.
9. Allow to cool before slicing (about 2 hours). Enjoy!

I will post the photo later.
yummy yummy
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am super busy due to the shop..! but I tried to post as and when I can

Thanks for always coming back here and posting! Smile

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Soft american bread Reply with quote

linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! Am back in kuching since last March. Hv been busy but still got time to bake bread. I want to share another way to bake the soft american bread in muffin tray! Out of one third tecipe, i can get 11 to 12 pcs. Once the dough is ready just grab the dough with floured hand (I Used left hand) cut with scissors . You can dip the tip of scissors in the flour before cutting. The amount of dough ( depend on your muffin size) is just a handful. If you cannot or don't know how to cloak then just drop the dough into the hole. Keep the dough inside the cool oven for 1 hr and 20 mins. Then preheat oven to highest temp with top and bottom heat. Once the oven is ready, brush the surface of dough with melted butter and bake for 5 mins or less in case your oven is too hot. Then reduce temp. To 180 deg C for 20 to 25 mins. If the bottom of bread has browned then can remove and cool on rack. You can eat while still warm unlike the loaf type which need to cool completely before slicing or else the texture will be spoil. Have fun! yummy
P/s sorry I don't know how to take photo and post it. Last time I did with the help of my daughter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: