Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 am Post subject: Sago Pudding(rec n pic)
|Comfort food to many. A simple dessert many of us grew up having. For some, it brings back fond memories of our moms preparing this cold dessert for us on a hot day after school.
Recipe yields 6 cups of pudding
100g sago pearls(mini pearls)
2 to 3 pcs of pandan leaves(also known as screwpine leaves)
100g gula melaka syrup
1. Boil water in a pot. Add pandan leaves to boil. *
The pandan leaves will impart a nice fragrance to the sago pearls ..
2. Add sago pearls to boil for 10 mins.
3. Remove and add into a bowl of clear tap water.
4. Drain of excess water, discard water.
5. Add cooked sago pearls into pudding cup.
6. Melt gula melaka in a pot with 4 tbsp of water.
7. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of melted gula melaka into each pudding cup.
8. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
9. Serve cold.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1