Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm Post subject: Pandan Coconut Sponge Cake : Gluten Free
|ok, I'm sold on baking cakes without wheat flour now. This is my 2nd or was it 3rd cake I have baked without the use of wheat flour.
This is so good, it has this cotton softness, very light. Not overly sweet(because I reduced the sugar).
I am going to try a vanilla sponge cake the next time.
The whole cake.
This is best when served chilled. I have it chilled overnight in the fridge.
4 egg yolks
80g coconut milk
6 pcs Pandan leaves
40g Sunflower Oil(or any vegetable oil that is flavourless)
100g Potato Starch
Egg white from 6 eggs
100g fine sugar
1. Blend pandan leaves with coconut milk, drain and discard leaves.
2. Mix with oil, yolks and stir to combine
3. Add sifted potato starch and fold in till well combined.
4. Set aside. Whip egg whites with sugar in a mixer till soft peaks.
5. Pour in the other batter and continue to whip till it well combined.
6. Pour the batter into square cake ring that is lined with aluminium foil
7. Put the cake ring into another tray and fill till half way with warm water.
8. Bake in preheated oven set to 160C for 1 hour.
9. Remove to cool before removing the cake from the ring.
10. Chill the cake overnight, serve cold.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1