Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:57 pm Post subject: Banana Cupcakes(rec n pic)
|One simple recipe, turns into cupcake or whole cake, take your pick. The taste is heavenly.
Cupcakes for me..
a full whole for my mom. Its flat as my mom loves ripe bananas, so I add more just before baking so it weighs it down. I gave her half the cake, the other half went to my store for customers to try, everyone loves the subtle sweetness from the ripe bananas and the natural fragant from the fruit minus all the essences, chemicals.
Makes 12 cupcakes or
One 8 inch round cake
250g Salted butter(softened in room temperature)
60g fine sugar
200g Taiwan Cake Flour
4 eggs(250g in total)
2 semi ripe bananas
2 ripe bananas
*Ripe Bananas makes up for the sweetness for this cake, that is why I added less sugar.
Semi Ripe Bananas provide the volume and bite into this lovely cake.
Best of both worlds!
1. Whip butter and sugar till buttercream state
2. Add eggs one at a time and whip till it reaches buttercream state.
*this step may take 5 to 8 minutes on medium speed (Speed 3 on KA mixer)
3. Add flour and whip on low speed to mix everything together
4. Add bananas to mixer and turn on the mixer to mix evenly.
5. Turn it off, pour into cupcake liners or cake pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins (Cupcakes) and 45 mins for whole cakes.
7. Remove to cool and serve with hot weak tea.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1