Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 pm Post subject: Indian Naan (rec n pic)
I used the leftover dough to wrap some fish otah, and had it pan fried till the dough is cooked.
4 tbsp fine sugar
50ml plain yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
70g Sunflower oil
3 tbsp milk
2 tsp salt
400g bread flour(I use the Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
1.5 tsp instant yeast
1 to 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
1. Place the flour, yeast, sugar, salt into the mixer bowl to whisk for 2 mins so its evenly mixed.
2. In a cup, add water, yoghurt, egg, milk and stir till combined.
3. As the mixer is still mixing, slowly pour in the liquid and let it knead till the dough combines into together.
4. Add in Sunflower oil and continue to knead till the dough leaves the side of the bowl.
5. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave it in a warm place to prove for at least 45 mins till it doubles in size.
6. Divide the dough into 50g balls.
7. Flatten each ball of dough
8. Lightly grease a frying pan and place the dough on to fry. Sprinkle garlic and fry , turn over every minute.
9. Once it starts to brown, remove from pan.
10. Serve with curry or good on its own too.
Original Indian recipe uses Ghee. I don't have Ghee at home so I use cooking oil.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1