Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 am Post subject: Lor Mai Kai in Lotus Leaf(rec n pic)
300 g glutinous rice
12 pcs preserved chinese mushrooms
2 pcs of chicken thigh meat(boneless, cut into mini chunks)
12 pcs of dried oyster(soften in water)
1 inch of ginger(sliced thinly)
3 pc of dried lotus leaf
12 salted eggs(retain only the yolks, boil in hot water for 5 mins till cooked)
Marinate sauce for chicken:
3 tbsp Oyster sauce
3 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1. Soak rice for at least 4 hours. Wash and drain, set aside.
2. Soak preserved mushrooms till soft, cut away stems.
3. Soak Lotus leaf in hot water for 5 mins till soft. Drain, set aside.
4. Cut the lotus leaf into 4 pc per leaf.
5. Marinate chicken chunks with sauce for 10 mins.
Method to cook
1. Heat up wok with 3 tbsp cooking oil and add ginger slices to fry till fragrant.
2. Add chicken, mushrooms and stir fry till chicken is cooked.
3. Remove chicken, mushrooms and leave the gravy residue in the wok.
4. Add washed rice to stir fry over high heat for 3 mins. Until the rice soaks up all the gravy.
5. Remove to cool.
6. In a sauce pot add water to boil, add yolks to cook.
7. Drain and set aside.
Method to wrap
1. Open up the lotus leaf. The shiny side face up, while the dull, brown side faced down on the table.
2. Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoon full of rice in the centre of the leaf.
3. Pick up chicken chunks, oyster, mushroom and a salted yolk and pile on top of the rice. Put a sprig of coriander leaf on top.
4. Wrap up to seal. Repeat for each bundle.
5. Steam over high heat for 20 mins.
6. Remove the leaf and serve immediately.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1