Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 pm Post subject: Bacon Medallions(rec n pic)
|Something I did as party/finger food some time ago.
250g Bread flour (I use Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
250g Cake Flour (I use Blue Jacket Cake Flour)
120g fine sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
300 g cold water mixed with 1 cold egg
50g Salted butter (soften in room temperature)
10 pcs of streaky bacon
1 egg(beaten, use as egg wash)
2 tbsp unsalted butter(melted)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixer bowl. Turn on the mixer and let it mix for 1 minute so its evenly distributed.
2. Pour in water/egg mix and continue to knead till it comes together.
3. Finally add soften butter and continue to knead till its smooth.
4. Turn off the mixer, cover with a damp cloth and leave it aside to proof for about 1 hour.
5. Flour the table and divide the dough to 50g each.
6. roll it out into a thin long strip.
7. Brush it melted butter, place one pc of bacon strip on top.
8. Roll it up and brush the top with beaten egg yolk.
9. Place each rollup inside a mini cupcake tray.
10. Let it sit for 15 mins to double in size.
11. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 mins.
12. Sprinkle basil leaves on top.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1