Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 am Post subject: Fish Head Bee hoon (rec n pic)
You can also omit the bee hoon and serve this with warmed rice.
Serves 6 persons
Ingredients for soup
3 pcs of dried sole fish(deep fried)
2 pcs of dried squid
200g fried ikan billis(blend into powder)
3 pcs of preserved mustard leaves, cut into slices. (kiam chai)
3 litres water
200g Fresh milk(I use Magnolia Fresh Milk)
2 large red and ripe tomatoes(cut into quarters)
1 packet of silken tofu
salt to taste
Method to cook soup
1. heat up pot with water to boil.
2. Add everything in except milk, tomatoes , tofu and salt.
3. Lower the heat and simmer, semi covered for 1 hour. If the water dries up, just add water to the pot.
4. Finally add milk, tomatoes and salt to taste. Cook for 10 minutes till tomatoes are soft. Turn off heat until ready to serve
1 large fish head, chop into chunks(I use Grouper Fish head)
500g fish steaks(I use grouper fish, ask the fish monger to cut into chunks)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp corn starch
1 packet of bee hoon, soften in water and blanched in hot water for 2 to 3 mins.
1 bunch of chinese lettuce, washed, drained
1. Marinate fish chunks with seasoning and deep fry in hot oil for 10 minutes. Remove to drain excess oil on paper towels.
2. In a bowl, lettuce leaves and bee hoon.
3. Pour hot soup over the noodles. Top with 2 to 3 fish chunks.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1