Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:24 am Post subject: Black Sesame Seeds Chiffon Cake
|Sliced...super fluffy and soft.
I also pour some of the batter into a cupcake liner. It comes out nicely.
The Black Sesame Seeds powder are sold from my KC Stores.
100g for $1.80. The product is from Taiwan.
Good for a Tube Pan that is 21 cm in diameter.
Notes : I used eggs that are 55g.
10 egg white
90g fine sugar
10 egg yolks
80ml Sunflower Cooking oil
30 g Black Sesame Seeds powder*(unsweetened, roasted, pounded)
100g Cake flour(I use Blue Jacket Cake Flour)
1. Lightly whisk egg yolks with milk, oil together till well combined.
2. Add flour and black sesame seeds powder to whisk in till well mixed.
3. Whip Egg whites in a mixer bowl with a balloon whisk till frothy.
4. Add sugar and continue to whip till stiff peaks.
5. Pour in grey batter and whip for 2 mins or until its well mixed.
6. Pour into tube pan, baked in Preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from hot oven and invert to cool.
8. Sliced only when cooled.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1