Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 am Post subject: Tientsin cabbage Porridge
Tientsin cabbage is also known as Napa cabbage. Its long, huge and white in colour.
200g calrose rice(short grain rice)
2 litre water
5 large tientsin cabbage leaves(wash, sliced thinly)
200g minced pork
1 tsp fish sauce
dash of ground white pepper
1. Wash rice and soak in hot water and 2 tbsp of corn oil for 1 hour. Drain.
2. Heat up pot with water and add sliced cabbage leaves to cook.
3. Add rice and carrots to cook till its runny, soft. (about 45 mins)
4. Mix minced pork with fish sauce n pepper. Using a small spoon and scoop into small balls and drop deep inside the porridge.
5. turn off heat and leave it to stand for 10 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste, serve warmed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1