Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:59 am Post subject: Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
I made these using the mini round cupcake tins that has removable bases. These cupcake tins are sold at my KC stores at S$1.85 each. Its made of Aluminium based steel and can be use for baking. but for now, its perfect for my little non-baked blueberry cheesecakes.
This is how the Gelatine sheet look like
Yields 36 cups(mini cups)
Ingredients for filling
250g cream cheese
250g Lite Sour Cream(Dairy Farmers)
250g Thickened cream(at least 35% fat content)
80g icing sugar
3 pcs Gelatine leaves(from my KC store of course!)
Blueberries, fresh (1 punnet)
Dried Organic Sweet Cherries(100g)
Method to prepare the Gelatine
1. soak the gelatine leaves in water till it softens.
2. Remove, drained and add to a bowl of 50ml water to heat on the stove till it melts. Make sure you do not use HIGH Fire, just low heat. Do not BOIL or the gelatine loses its effectiveness.
The liquid will look a bit yellowish, brown and thick. Leave it aside.
Method for Filling
1. Leave cream cheese out on the table to soften.
2. Add cheese and rest of the filling ingredients into a mixer bowl.
3. Whip at medium speed till its smooth and creamy.
4. Lastly, add gelatine mix and continue to whip till evenly mixed.
5. Pour cheese mix into mini cups.And Chill in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Once its set, push the bottom of the mini tin to remove the cake.
7. Using a flat spatula, slide in at the bottom to remove the cake from the tin plate.
8. Serve on a plate, top with blueberries and cherries.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1