Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:01 pm Post subject: Fish and Potato Patty
Makes 10 patties
2 medium potatoes
2 tbsp melted butter(salted)
100g Fish Fillet(can use Dory Fillet, Threadfin..or even Salmon)
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
1 egg, beaten
5 tbsp Nestum Cereal
5 tbsp plain flour
1. Boil potatoes with skin on for 15 mins. Remove and drained, peel off skin. Mash it to smaller chunks.
2. add melted butter to it and mix.
3. Blend fish fillet to a smooth fine paste
4. season fish paste with salt and pepper and spring onions.
5. add fish paste to mashed potatoes
6. Divide into 10 equal portions, and wet your hands to pick up the portions, shaped into a flat patty*(like those hash brown shapes)
7. Chill all the patties in the fridge for 1 hour so its harden a bit.
8. Pick up each patty to coat with plain flour on each side, then dip it into the beaten egg, then coat with Nestum cereal.
9. Slowly slide it into a frying pan with cooking oil and shallow fry till golden brown.
You can make this ahead of time. Separate each patty with a piece of greased proof baking paper. Freeze until ready to cook.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1